Experience Treks invites you in our classic journey to Simikot to Mt. Kailash in Tibet region, this wild Himalayan country tucked away from modern civilization in absolute isolation and complete wilderness where trekkers will be captivated with the surrounding beauty and with amazing country life as it for centuries.
Experience Treks into Simikot to Mt. Kailash in Tibet, a thrilling adventure leading towards diverse change in landscapes from mid hills alpine landscapes to barren arctic terrain with never a boring moment as you will be fascinated each day visiting medieval villages totally forgotten by modernization and walking in the midst of enchanting virgin woodland of rhododendron, Oaks, magnolia and varieties of pine tree that lines the alpine mid hills before heading to wild windswept territory to south-west Tibet which and to holy Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar area.
After visiting interesting villages, old monasteries and in the warm hospitality of local people of Tibetan ethnic origin and strong influence of Tibetan Buddhism religion, visiting holy Mt. Kailash with short circuit heads back to Nepal with an alternative route from Tibet windswept territory towards the border town of Zhangmu after passing through interesting town of Saga and Nyalam with awesome scenery of high snow-capped mountains lining the border with Nepal / Tibet, then back to tree lines and rich vegetation with scenic drive to Kathmandu finishing this great Simikot to Mt. Kailash in Tibet after a mesmerizing adventure of life time.
• An adventure journey in complete wilderness around Nepal’s wild west in exploring Himalayan hidden areas with sensational Himalayan views
• Visiting traditional villages with ancient religion and rich culture towards Nepal & Tibet frontier in the high land with warm friendly people.
• Circuit of Holy Mt. Kailash and to large holy Lake Mansarovar.
Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Fly to Nepalgunj (55 mins flight) and transfer to hotel.
Fly to Simikot 2,910 m & trek to Dharpuri 2,600 m/04 hrs.
Trek to Sally Khola 2,690 m near Kermi village-05 hrs.
Trek to Muchu 2,920 m/05 hrs.
Trek to Torea 3,380 m/04 hrs.
Trek to Sip-Sip 3,800 m – 05 hours.
Trek to Hilsa 3,720 m via Nara Lagna approximately 6 hours.
Border crossing with 02 hrs drive to Taklakot 3,770 m.
Drive to Lake Mansarovar 4,510 m/03 hours journey
Rest the day at Mansarovar.
Drive to Tarboche 4,700 m trek to Dhirapuk 5,010 m/05 hrs.
Trek to Zutul-Puk 4,790 m/06 hours.
Trek near Darchen, drive near the base of Mayum-la 5,050 m.
Drive to Saga 4,500 m/06 hrs.
Drive to Nyalam 3,560 m/05 hrs.
Drive to Kathmandu via Tibet / Nepal border – 06 hrs journey.
In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour.
Transfer to airport for international departure.
• Airport pick up & drop off by private vehicles
• KTM to Nepalganj and Simikot airfare, and public transportation
• 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and a night in Nepalganj and a night at Simikot
• TIMS & entry permit fee
• Basic accommodation during the trek
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner during trek
• English speaking guide during trek
• Food and salary for staff
• Trekking gears for the local trekking staffs (shoes, jacket & trouser)
• Insurance for local trekking staffs
Service does not include
• Nepal entry visa fee, Photographs & international flights fare
• Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (lunch & dinner)
• Personal nature expanses: telephone calls, cyber bills, bar bills, laundry service, battery recharge bills, hot shower (On trek),washing water, pots of hot drinks, bottle/boiled water, alcoholic and soft drinks
• Essential trekking gears
• Travel & health insurance
• Tipping for all trekking staffs (guide & porter/s)
• An emergencies or rescue evacuation cost/charge (helicopter), if required
• First Aid Kit box/bag
More info on Mt. Kailash:
Mount Kailash is situated within Tibet to the Northern part of the Himalaya. It is the spiritual center of four great religions: Tibetan Buddhism, Hinduism, the Jain religion and the pre-Buddhist animistic religion-the Bon Po and strangely enough, four major rivers i.e. the Karnali, Sutlej, Indus and the longest one-Bhramaputra, originated from near Kailash Mountain. For the Tibetans, it is a particularly special place. The poet saint, Milarepa, spent several years here meditating on a cave. For the Hindus, Mount Kailash is the earthly manifestation of their spiritual center of the universe,’ world pillar’ around which all else revolves, its roots in the lowest hell and its summit kissing the heavens and on top lives their most revered God Shiva. The governments of Nepal and China reached an accordingly 3 years ago that allowed the first treks across the border between the two countries. While it had been a route for Nepalese pilgrims for years, the foreign trekkers were never allowed to trek from Nepal to Tibet.
Mt. Kailash 6,714 m / 22,028 ft is situated to the north of the Himalayan barrier, wholly within Tibet. It is the perfect mountain with awesome beauty of four great faces; For the Hindus, their spiritual center of the universe, described as a fantastic ‘world pillar’ 84,000 miles high, around which all else revolves, its root in the lowest hell and its summit reaching the heaven and the abode of their revered God Shiva and his consort Goddess Parvati.