Makalu base camp & Sherpani Col Pass trek within the great high area of Khumbhakarna Himalayan range & Mt. Everest range of mountains, which includes world’s highest peaks of Mt. Everest 8,848 m/29,028 ft& Mt. Kanchenjunga ranking third at 8,586 meters/28,169 ft and the fifth Mt. Makalu at 8,463 m/27,766 ft with array of smaller peaks, this treks to Makalu & Sherpani Pass is located in the far east of Nepal where trekking leads to remote villages in the less trekked area in this unspoiled region, a perfect wilderness in harmony with pristine natural surroundings.
This awesome adventure start with a scenic flight of Tumlingtar (450 m), the world`s deepest valley with parallel mountains views on the plane, after Tumlingtar an interesting drive to Chinchilla and to Num village situated in the mid hills on the route to Makalu base camp, from here onwards trekking starts well above Arun valley to Makalu base camp & Sherpani Col pass visiting its base camp. The journey first leads into sub-tropic climatic zones following the Arun River upstream to the high hills of cold mountains and alpine climatic to arctic region at Makalu base camp & Barun valley
Adventure leads through yak pastures towards endless ice fields of Mt. Makalu with views of world’s 3rd highest Mt. Kanchenjunga at 8,586 m/28,169 ft, 5th Mt. Makalu at 8,463 m / 27,766 ft massif, world’s highest Mt. Everest 8,848 m/29,028 ft, 4th highest Mt. Lhotse at 8,516 m / 27, 940 ft and array of above 6-7,000 meters peaks of Baruntse and Chamlang. From Makalu Base Camp, one can have an opportunity to view the rare Kangshung East Face of Mt. Everest.
As this is one of the most adventurous and challenging trekking similar to mountaineering skill, in some section beyond Makalu base camp, our route leads to higher camp at the foot of the Barun Glacier making final preparation for the traverse of the three high passes and Cols.
Experience Treks guides will fix ropes on the steepest and technical sections of each passes; our guide will safeguard the passage of the clients/customer and for the staffs. Also, climbing to higher route offering awesome panoramas of the different mountains includes world’s highest mountains Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu to Mt. Kanchenjunga range of peaks.
After passing the final last pass Amphu Labtsa descending to the popular Everest trail, and through Khumbu famous villages of Thyangboche Monastery and Namche Bazaar and then to Lukla “the gateway to Everest” from Lukla a scenic short flight back to Kathmandu after the most memorable and thrilling holiday and experience of a life time in the high Makalu base camp & Sherpani Col pass with Experience Treks.
• Trekking in the high remote areas to world`s 5th highest Mt. Makalu base camp
• Enchanting forest, varieties of rhododendrons, tree lines and vegetations
• Hidden areas of Arun and Barun valleys on the least visited trekking trails
• Amazing trekking and crossing of Sherpani Col to west Col pass to Amphu Labsta (5,840 m)high passes
• Visiting remote farm villages with old traditional, cultures in the mid hills
Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
A free day in Kathmandu and preparation for trek
Fly to Tumlingtar (450 m) 40 minutes’ flight & trek to Khadbari 1,500 m/3 hrs
Trek Chinchilla 1,800 m/06 hrs.
Trek to Num Village 1,500 m/06 hrs.
Trek to Seduwa 1,493 m/05 hrs.
Trek to Tashi Gaon 2,200 m/04 hrs.
Rest the day at Tashi Gaon & explore.
Trek to Kohma Danda 3,500 m/05 hrs.
Trek to Mumbuk 3,400 m/06 hrs.
Trek to Nehe Kharka 3,750 m/05 hrs.
Trek to Sherson 4,600 m/06 hrs.
Trek to High Camp via MBC at 5,200 m/07 hrs.
Climb to Camp at 5,700 m/04 hrs.
Camp on the Moraine 5,640 m after crossing Sherpani Col
(6,146 m) Pass/6-7 hrs
Trek to Panch Pokhari 5,480 m/05 hrs.
Cross Amphu Labtsa pass 5,780 m to Imjatse valley 4,970
Trek to Dingboche 4,340 m / 06 hrs.
Trek to Tengboche Monastery3,867m / 05 hrs.
Trek to Monjo 2,780 m through Namche Bazaar-06 hrs.
Trek to Lukla-05 hrs.
Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Free the day in Kathmandu with sightseeing.
Transfer to airport for international departure.
• Airport pick up & drop off by private vehicles
• Kathmandu to Tumlingtar & Lukla airfare for member
• 4 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on 3 star category B/B plan
• TIMS & National park entry permit fee
• Basic accommodation during the trek
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner during trek
• English speaking guide during trek
• Food and salary for staff
• Trekking gears for the local trekking staffs (shoes, jacket & trouser)
• Insurance for local trekking staffs
Service does not include
• Nepal entry visa fee, Photographs & international flights fare
• Meals in Kathmandu (lunch & dinner)
• Personal nature expanses: telephone calls, cyber bills, bar bills, laundry service, battery recharge bills, hot shower (On trek),washing water, pots of hot drinks, bottle/boiled water, alcoholic and soft drinks
• Additional cost incurred due to extending your stay at hotel due to cancel and delay of flight because of poor visibility due to heavy raining/snowing/cloudy from Lukla airport & go fly into Lukla from Kathmandu too.
• Essential trekking gears
• Travel & health insurance
• Tipping for all trekking staffs (guide & porter/s)
• An emergencies or rescue evacuation cost/charge (helicopter), if required
• First Aid Kit box/bag